Wednesday, November 14, 2012

KDE 4.9.3 may have lost touchpad config

I use the kubuntu backports ppa on Ubuntu 12.04.

I was unable to browse the web, some weird pages were loading... then I realized that my touchpad was randomly clicking places.

So I went to the control panel where I was previously able to turn off tapping...

Well, that option is no longer there!!!

My computer is unusable until this is fixed... so I found this:

http://thismagpie.blogspot.com/2012/07/finally-how-i-permanently-disabled-tap.html

synclient MaxTapTime=0
synclient MaxTapMove=0 
 This worked!


A working user interface is the #1 requirement for a computer system.

I have also been unable to find where to report this critical bug.

ksynaptics is gone!
No touchpad configuration in systemsettings!
tpconfig does not work!

No comments: